Popular Posts

How I finally beat my Narcissistic abuser/ This was my turning point.




First, I want to say thank you to everyone who has bought a copy of “Monsters Live Amongst us”, I have been blown away by how many copies have sold within the first few days and the feedback I have received from everyone. So nice especially as proceeds are going to my friends Gofundme page, to enable him to bury his Mother respectfully.

Many years ago I was totally in the grip of a Narcissistic abuser but I actually did not even realise it. This is a problem which so many of my visiting clients experience, we are being abused and have been made to feel so bad about ourselves, that we do not even see it.

 However one night the most incredible thing happened to me, I totally changed my situation as I was inspired by something a friend said. I was able to turn my life around and I stopped my abuser in their tracks, with just a change of thought.

I had been telling my friend what was happening to me and she was taking a very positive and supportive approach. She told me a story of how I should except my abuser as a dark light into my life and thank them for all that they had done for me.

I listened and thought on the story she had told me how I should approach my abuser with gratitude and thanks. So I decided that this would be the way forward for me.

 Then something happened to me and I know that this was the turning point in my life. I realised for the first time that this person had been using and abusing me and I had not wanted to even see it. I was not the problem, they were.  This person was a Narcissist and nothing I could do would ever change that. They would never ever change as they did not want to and the abuse would continue unless I did something. I could choose to approach them with a positive attitude and see them as this great dark light who was actually helping me, but what would that do?

Then it struck me. “If I approached them this way, it would just allow them to abuse me even more and tie my mind and emotions up in further knots. I could not take any more of their abuse. It was time to take back my mind and my life back from them”    

It was this thought which led me to make the following and most empower act of my life.
My minds just seemed to clear and I lost all of my concerns over confronting this person. I knew I had nothing more to lose and everything to gain.  

I found them, walked up to them and………I let them have it with both heavily loaded and fully automatic barrels. I calmly and firmly told them everything which I had discovered and realised about them, including how abusive they had been to me and all of the other people within their lives.  I did the one thing which a Narcissist cannot stand, I confronted them with a huge shot of reality.  I dragged them so far out of their own distorted Narcissistic comfort zone and when I did this, they did the one thing I had never seen them do.  They froze, they totally froze and were at a loss for words!!! It was incredible, I had held this huge reality mirror up to this highly manipulative Narcissist and forced them to face who they were and the number of people they had hurt and lives they had destroyed.  

As I continued I just felt all of my power and emotional control return and I knew at this point in my life, that I had changed and I would never be the same again.  When I was done, I walked away and new that the balance of power had totally shifted, this person would never abuse me again.

The Narcissist now realising that the game was up, did the only thing a Narcissist could do………….they fled leaving my life forever. As they knew that their time of abusing me was over, there was no reason for them to remain in my life. It was a real measure of this person and I had finally pulled their Narcissist mask off and exposed them for who they really were.

I have always been thankful for my friend for the advice they gave me that night, as it made brought it to my awareness that to eject an abuser from your life, you do not do it by approaching them with positivity and kindness. You do it by accepting that unless you change your mindset, stand your ground and force your abuser into reality, it will never stop.




Read "Monsters Live Amongst Us"

Available in Amazon In Paperback and Kindle

 
This is a first of its kind self-help book for defeating Narcissistic abuse.

 It has already been described as:-

"The best book ever written about recovering from Narcissistic abuse"
  "A Self Defence for the Mind, which everyone should read" 

To read a sample or purchase click here


No comments:

Post a Comment